Friday, November 21, 2008

Interactive Videos Ch. 15

The ideas presented in the interactive videos for Chapter 15 could be helpful in my speech. In the first video, the speaker reiterated that a thesis must be supported with a claim, evidence, and reasoning. To help develop a good argument, the evidence should be supported with examples and statistics. In the video for pro-home schooling, the speaker clearly stated the advantages and disadvantages of home schooling. She also clearly stated the problem and what she thought to be the solution. She appealed to the audience by using specific examples that related to and affected the audience's lives. Even in the video against home schooling, the speaker made me think about my own education and how beneficial my resources are now, and how different my life would be if I were to have been a student at home with my parent as my teacher.

No comments: