Friday, September 12, 2008

Chapter 6

Chapter 6 had a lot of useful information on how to research. I never think too deeply about researching the right way or gathering the right information. I just jump on the internet, search on Google, and get more information than I think I need. It is way too tedious nowadays to go to the library, check out books that are over one hundred pages, and read through boring information until you find something you need. I didn’t know there was a smarter way to research online with metasearch engines, other search engines, and web directories. Chapter 6 goes into detail about the deep, hidden web where you can find useful information on blogs, newsgroups, and discussion lists. I am definitely going to take this into consideration while researching my speech topic.

No comments: