Saturday, October 18, 2008

Chapter 13

Towards the end of Chapter 13, the text explains how you should inform to educate. When choosing a topic for this speech, at first I wanted to do it on global warming, which is something that I think is an important issue and that most people know little about. But then, I decided that this topic might be a little boring to my audience, plus college students may already have a good understanding of what global warming is, so I changed my topic to dreams, which is much more interesting. But know I am hesitant because I should be presenting a topic to inform and educate the audience. I’m not sure how much students can benefit from knowing why they dream at night, but I remember someone telling me a history of dreams years ago and it certainly grabbed my attention. In a way I will be educating the audience, but I also have to think about the purpose of my speech and how important it is.

No comments: